Financial Aid & Scholarships
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. Colossians 3:23
- Steps to Apply
- Financial Aid Application Complete, what's next?
- General Information & Questions
Crean Lutheran High School is pleased to administrate a financial aid program that earnestly endeavors to assist as many families as possible to bridge the financial gap to attend Crean Lutheran. Families who are interested in sending their children to CLHS full time and need financial assistance must complete the steps found in this section before award notification may occur.
Students enrolled in the hybrid program and international students are not eligible to receive financial aid.
Crean Lutheran does not discriminate with regard to race, national origin or sex. CLHS admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to the students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school administered programs.
Please Note: The recent Tax Cuts and Jobs Act included a new provision for families who pay for private high school education. The 529 plan allows you to contribute post tax money to an account and the interest earned is tax free. Under the new tax bill, families will be able to withdraw $10,000 per child each year to pay for private school, including high school. Please consult with your tax advisor as to how this new tax law affects you and future 529 contributions.
It is important to note that the Crean Lutheran High School Financial Aid Committee oversees the financial aid process to ensure personal attention. However, many families appreciate the confidentiality and expertise of FACTS as it analyzes each family's need based on financial aid best practices and adjusts for cost of living based on geographic area.
- In FACTS, click on the green "Start Application".
- The FACTS application process is self-guided. You may navigate in and out of the program, allowing you to partially complete an application and go back to it at a later time. You will need to provide information on your income, expenses, assets and liabilities as well as answer some general questions.
- You will need to submit the application fee directly to FACTS. Please note: Credit cards are accepted for the financial aid application fee, but are NOT accepted for tuition and fee payments.
- After completing the FACTS online application, FACTS will provide instructions to scan and upload your 2019, or 2018 if applicable, tax return information and W-2s. You will be required to mail or scan these documents to FACTS. DO NOT drop off or mail your tax returns to Crean Lutheran High School.
Once you have submitted the requested documents, FACTS will perform a financial analysis. The application will be reviewed by the financial aid committee. Please remember this process may take some time as there are several necessary steps in order to determine an appropriate financial aid award/evaluation.
Once the financial aid committee has completed their process, the family will receive an email containing the financial aid award. The family must accept or reject the award through the FACTS grant and aid system. Once the award is accepted, it will be reflected in FACTS as a credit towards the tuition cost.
- To assist with the online application process, FACTS provides toll free customer care. You can reach a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-441-4637.
- FACTS provides financial analysis for each application, which ensures that our process for establishing financial need adheres to nationally established standards of best practice. All information pertaining to the financial aid application is kept confidential.
- Financial aid awards are made for one year only and must be confirmed and accepted for each year of attendance.
- Financial aid funds are limited and demand is high. Late applications may result in a reduced financial aid award.
If you would like an update on your application status, please contact Pam Pindroh, Director of Student Accounts and Financial Aid, at email@example.com or 949.387.1199 X2419.
Crean Lutheran High School offers merit scholarships to further edify the best and brightest students across Orange County. CLHS is presently home to 50 distinguished students who finished at or near the top of their graduating 8th grade class.
Consistent with our mission statement of “Proclaiming Jesus Christ Through Excellence in Education,” CLHS annually honors superior academic achievement and commitment by awarding a $2000 scholarship ($500 disbursed annually over 4 years) to each 8th grade Valedictorian and Salutatorian who chooses to enroll at CLHS.
To maintain this scholarship, recipients must sustain a GPA of 3.3, or higher, throughout their time at CLHS. Verification from each school's Principal, or his/her designee, is required before an award may be released. Validation of Valedictorian or Salutatorian status may be e-mailed to Crean Lutheran Director of Admissions Tara Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: Schools with a student class of 20 and above are eligible for both Valedictorian and Salutatorian. In order to be eligible, the student's school must weight and rank to determine GPA.